"Save Big With Bicycle Discount Coupon Codes"
Replacing a Bicycle Rim
If you need to replace a bicycle rim, you can skip the complexity of fully relacing the bicycle's wheel. All you need to do is follow these easy steps:
1. Loosen all the bicycle's spokes, but don't remove the spoke nipples yet.
2. Set the new rim on the rim of the old bicycle wheel, so that the valve holes are aligned.
3. Tape the new bicycle rim onto the old rim with a few loops of electrical or masking tape.
4. One by one, transfer the spokes from the old rim to the new one.
5. When you are done, cut the tape. The new bicycle rim will be attached to the spokes in the same pattern, and the old rim will fall away.
6. Tighten all the spokes and true the bicycle's wheel, in the same way as you would for fully lacing a wheel.
3 Things You Need To KnowBefore You Buy
Cycling Gear& Parts!
Back - Building Bicycle Wheels
Next - Replacing A Derailleur Cable
Tell a Friend About BicycleWebSite
Please feel free to link your web pages to www.bicyclewebsite.com.
Copyright © 1991-2014, bikewebsite.com